Monday, April 25, 2011

Crashed

It finally happened and I am not even saying it figuratively, we crashed.  Today was the day saved for getting things done and I took a three hour nap, Josiah slept for three and a half hours, Elijah slept for two, and Caeli slept for one and a half.   I am not sure if it was because I have had at the most 4 hours of continuous sleep in the past week or if it was because of all the chocolate we ate yesterday but either way, we were down for the count.  Yes, today was a much needed day of rest and we will be back on top tomorrow.  Watch out world...The Morin's are back.

Joel is doing really well.  We are still monitoring his vitals (eating, sleeping, pooping, pain) but overall everyday he is a little more himself.   He has even been making some business calls to check in with clients. Don't worry, I am prepared to confiscate his phone if needed.  He is starting to stress about work so I know he must be feeling better.

He has also been trying to watch what he say and does because he claimed earlier today that all his is to me is a blog posting.  Anything to motivate him to be on his best behavior.  I will let you know if he makes any slips.

Caeli asked today when Daddy was getting his staples out.  We are schedule for staple removal on Friday morning.  She started jumping up and down.  I was a little confused.  She said she was excited to wrestle and hug daddy again.  For her these next two months of recovery are going to feel like the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Obviously, I need to put my knee pads on and get down on the floor to play "daddy."  I knew that dinner, laundry, trips to school, sports practices, etc were going to be on me, but replacing "daddy" takes more than just doing things for the kids.  I need to work on "daddy" play time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.