I used my one and a half year old's poopy diaper smell to flush Joel out of bed. It wasn't what I was aiming for, but it worked nicely. He decided going downstairs was much better that wallowing in the stench. If you need to motivate someone to move (get them out of bed, off the computer, take a break from video games), I can ziploc one of these smelling wonders and ship it to you for a minimal charge. Our production is 1-2 times a day and I guarantee success!
Anyway, we are now on top of Joel's meds and he is currently whistling at the kitchen table, reading the newspaper, and eating. He even had energy to help me fix a computer issue. WOW!!! One of his real estate secrets is that sometimes you need to show people the "crap" in their price range in order for them to appreciate the nice properties. Now that he understands the pain, he is appreciating the comfort!!
Below is an excerpt from a previous posting. I decided to clip it at the last minute to get "approval" for publishing:
Movie update: "Jackass (3) is really stupid." The direct text I received from Joel on my way home. I don't think women ever think other women in pain is funny. The men in "Jackass" think watching other men getting hurt is hilarious. I am not sure any of those guys are going to be able to have kids and I only watched about 30 seconds. I hate to imagine what they were doing while I wasn't watching. Needless to say, that is a movie banned from our collection. Can you imagine if my 8 year old saw that stuff? Even on pain meds, Joel wasn't laughing. I take that as a good sign.
Monica and Joel,
ReplyDeleteMy prayers and thoughts are with you daily. It is really good to hear how well you are doing, comparatively speaking right?
I am going to be with Caden at his practice on Tuesday if you are up for some quiet time, I would be happy to take the kids. Let me know, it would be fun! :)
Love you all and prayers come to you with every minute that I type this.
xoxox
Angela
Happy Easter! :)