Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mushy head

Joel had kind of a rough day yesterday with a lot of head pain and feeling yucky overall.  I know those are kid-words but when I spend all day with kids, "yucky" is really a great word to describe how he looked and felt.

Today, his top incision is feeling mushy like he has fluid collecting under the skin.  Technical term: "Water balloon head." We called the Chiari care center and went for a 15 minute visit this afternoon.  They put him on pre-emeptive antibiotics and he has another appointment on Friday at 9:30am.  The doctor is happy that it isn't his main incision and thinks he could have popped an internal stitch where they extracted his skin graft.  We will let you know as this story progresses.

I was just asked by Joel "Are you making the post funny?"  He doesn't realize that it is a work in progress. Funny takes time and pepsi.  I am trying to moderate my caffeine intake so I might be making a run to Chick-fil-a for the new banana-vanilla wafer shake.  I bet I can achieve funny on sugar as well.  We will have to have a blind reading test.  I will post two different posting on two different nights, have you vote, and then reveal which substance, Pepsi or shake, I am on.

Now Joel is trying to distract me.  I can't achieve funny in this harsh circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.