He is resting comfortably in the ICU pretty hopped up on his "happy place" drugs.
I think the worst part of the whole day was when they told me it was going to be another 30 minutes in recovery and they didn't contact me for 70 minutes. They had told me a week ago at a preliminary appointment that might be longer than expected coming out of recovery but knowing your husband is coming out of anesthesia and it is taking longer than told, made me worry. It was such a sense of relief when we first saw him.
Joel let us know right away that the numbness in his right arm was already gone. Pretty amazing since the arm numbness was being caused by the fluid in his spinal cord, not because of the Chiari. He is very lucky that his symptoms have already started to improve.
Also, I am not sure if he is going to be a musical savant but I am really glad he still has his sense of humor!! We will see how much of that is related to the amount of pain meds he has in his body.
All in all, he is doing great!! I am off to get the kids and he is off to sleep. I am hoping to share some photos later tonight after the kids are in bed but it might not be until tomorrow.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all your thoughts and prayers!!!!
With love,
Monica
I'm glad surgery went well.
ReplyDeleteWonderful news!
ReplyDeleteSuper,
ReplyDeleteWe've been following the progress all day. We'll continue to pray for you all.
Michael & Leslie