I spent about an hour with him. He had eaten right before I arrived, so we walked down the hall and up and down the stairs. He showered and then I left so he could sleep. All in all, he is doing well but is awake for about 15 minutes and feels exhausted. Again, this is very normal for post-Chiari surgery patients.
The bandage on his head has been removed and I was able to see his incision. 26 staples cover two incisions, one about an inch long and the other probably closer to two inches. I took some pictures of his head and if you are interested in seeing them, let me know. I can email them to you. I didn't want anyone to open the blog and see a picture that might make them uncomfortable.
He is doing really well and planning to come home tomorrow morning.
On the home front, Elijah is having sympathy daddy headaches (another reason it is probably good for Joel to come home tomorrow so we can make sure Elijah doesn't have the flu), Caeli and Jonah have been huge helpers, and Josiah is working on getting back into routine (aka we have had some breakdowns but nothing abnormal for a one and a half year old who has had their routine changed for a few days).
I am doing really well but I can tell my "brain" isn't all there. I keep losing my keys. (yes, all you comedians, it happens often but the last few days it has been happening more) Then I find them in weird places: Caeli's baby doll crib, on the couch, in my lunch bag. Joel has tried to train me to put them in the same spot after using them so it is a good thing he is not here to watch me search. It would be driving him crazy. My phone keeps ending up in fun places too. Logical places, like the back of the toilet and the kitchen counter, but it is still abnormal behavior for me. I figure, I know where all the kids are and that is the most important thing.
Encouraging good oral hygiene.
The high technology items Joel's life has been resorted to.
Look!! We found a place for his "horrible" socks!! She loves them!


AWESOME SOCKS...STEAL ME A PAIR!
ReplyDeleteLooking good, Joel! Continued prayers your way!
ReplyDeleteNatalie, I have some in the dryer just for you!!
ReplyDelete